Sunday, May 11, 2014

Back Again

When I sat down today, I knew that it had been a little while since I'd last written.  However, I didn't realize that it had been nearly 6 weeks!  It's amazing how from time to time it feels as though life can get away from us.  We begin to make lists and write things down only to have other obligations take precedent over what we initially thought was important.  That's kind of how it's been around here.  Things have been moving back and forth from the front burner to the back and vise versa more than a meal in Chef Ramsey's kitchen.

Regardless, I'm back now and ready to put out some work.  First and foremost, I want to wish a very Happy Mothers Day to all the mom's out there!  I'm currently sitting in my office trying to hammer out a little work but later today will be time for a nice cooked meal and some quality time together with my wife.  I'll be making some phone calls to the women in my life who insured that I made it this far, and I'm hoping to get the wife and boy in the car and go visit a friend of ours who's two children are away; on as a member of the USAF and the other a sophomore in college.  The woman I've had in my life up to this point have been nothing short of phenomenal and this is one of the few holidays I'm grateful exists.  While I try to thank them as often as possible throughout the year, it's nice that there is a day set aside to recognize their efforts and the love and compassion they've shown us.

So what have I been up to the past few weeks?  It feels like we've literally been on the run.  The misses has had appointment after appointment (with another one this week).  The boy is now doing outdoor track and has had practice and meets.  He went down with his dad for April vacation and Marilyn and I spent the week looking at homes.  We've been trying to get out financial house in order to qualify for a mortgage when we do find the right one.  And to top it off I've been under the weather on and off for the past week.  Oh yeah, and the weather has finally turned and all the damn white stuff left by mother nature during the winter is finally gone!  All this has obviously been mixed in with the day to day happenings of life (of which you can read about here).  However, one great thing that has happened, is now that the winter has finally passed I can use my office above the garage again!  No more trying to sit and do things in the living room where everyone is running around, watching tv, talking, and the dog has the desire to play...ALL THE TIME!  HA!  Boy, I love that dog but he's sure full of energy.  Spring has arrived and with it has come the annual renewal of energy that anyone who lives in a cold weather climate understands well...including dogs apparently.

I had all intentions on going into more detail during this post but I'm afraid if I do it'll get confusing so I'll shut it down here with the intention of creating another in the next day or two (however, we all know about intentions right?). Take today to remind the important women in your life that you love and are thankful for them.  If you're a mom, take a moment to sit with your feet up and enjoy the wonderfulness you've brought into the world.  Remember, while it may be the big things that get all the recognition, it's the simple things that make the most difference.




No comments:

Post a Comment