Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Big Steps and New Directions

Like life, this blog is forever changing and after much thought and some discussion with the Misses, I've made the decision to redirect its premise entirely.  Essentially, I'm giving it a rebirth.  I could keep writing about my life as a caretaker but frankly, I'm bored with it.  I've hit a point where I simply cannot continue to write only about a single subject. I understand completely that being a caregiver can be stressful and it's nice to know that there are others out there who are in a similar position, so I'm not going to rule out writing about it in the future but it will no longer be the main focus.

So, if I'm not going to maintain this blogs current direction what will I be doing exactly?  Good question and currently I'm not 100% sure how to describe what I'm planning.  Basically I'm going to be writing about life improvement, training, coaching, probably some care-giving, and life experiences.  Hell, I may even review some products, drop in life stories, or discuss working on the house simply because I can.  However, given where my current goals lie, the majority will be about the initial subjects mentioned; life improvement, training, coaching, and other similar pursuits.  But here's the kicker, I'm going to do that as an ADMITTED NON-EXPERT in the majority of those fields.  Why the hell would I do that?  Because as the saying goes, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" (Lao Tzu), and I've decided to bring you and whomever chooses to read this along with me on my own journey.

Given the vastness of the internet, I'm aware that there is likely someone already doing something similar (and if you are, I promise I'm not trying to steal your thunder) but my life is not theirs and vice-versa.  We may share some similar experiences but the roads to our desired destinations will be vastly different. And because I'm planning to write about improvement, if you find someone on a similar path as I and believe I'd find value in something they've produced, let me know and  I agree, I'll gladly share it here as well because frankly, while I love competition, when it comes to this my goal is to journal the competition with myself more than it is to compete with established fitness, wellness, training, ect, professionals.  (Just to be clear, that wouldn't even be a competition.  It would be like the Patriots playing a Pop Warner team.  As of now I can't even pronounce some of the terms those people are using never mind try to apply them.  HA!).  

When I began writing this blog as a care-giver, I thought I had it figured out.  If you read back through some of my earlier posts, you'll see that not only was I wrong, it later posts I even admitted to it.  Making mistakes, failing, and being wrong, in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing.  The problems generally arise when people fail to admit that they were incorrect and continue to try and do and push things that either do not work or are not the most efficient.  I've really seen this as I've begun my foray into the fitness, training, and nutrition industries where dogmatic thinking seems to happen often.  This is not meant to cast dispersion on everyone in that particular industry it's just something I've noticed from the outside looking in.  Similar things certainly happen in other industries as well; auto and education being on the top of my mind at the moment as examples.  People end up doing things because it's the way they learned or because, "it's the way it was always done", and refuse to try anything new.  I've seen it happen many times in life as I'm sure you have as well and it can be frustrating as hell; especially if you have a personal stake in the outcome. One goal with this new direction is to try and catch those opportunities when they happen within my own life and take action before I end up making myself look like a complete dumb-ass.  No doubt I won't be completely successful but catching a few here and there will add up.

So there you have it, my plan on where this blog is heading.  Making a significant change now shouldn't make a huge difference given that I've paid limited attention to it and have not garnered much of a following.  But this is just a first step with others to come as I continue to learn, develop, and begin making headway on the plans for the future.              

No comments:

Post a Comment